Plantar fasciitis is a serious kind of foot issue that needs enough care for a speedy heal-up. If you suffer with plantar fasciitis then you should immediately have the appointment of an expert professional having specialisation in the concerned medical field.
Plantar fascia basically connects your toes and heels. This connection basically gets affected badly with plantar fasciitis. The condition is highly inflammatory in nature and if you fail to choose the right treatment then the condition might require several months for healing.
Ways to combat the bad affects of plantar fasciitis:
- Physical therapy: Physical therapies together with stretching activities are essential for combating plantar fasciitis. Foot and lower-leg muscles will get stronger with stretching exercises. Your ankle will remain highly stabilised and the pain will be eased.
- Medications: NSAIDs not only reduces your inflammation but also make you feel better. Different other pain-reducing medicines are prescribed to patients for reducing the pain. Do not rely on OTC drugs in this regard rather see a doctor properly for receiving prescribed drugs.
- Steroid injections: If you suffer with plantar fasciitis and your sufferings have reached a great height then nothing can be the best option other than steroid injections. These injections are very much useful and can reduce all sorts of discomfort signs within minutes. But your doctor will decide whether you are eligible for taking these injections or not.
- Cold compression: Ice-packs can be used for sure from time to time so that unwanted swelling and inflammation can be reduced to a great extent. This option really works great if you maintain it on a sincere note. Inflammation can be maintained easily with the implementation of the concerned option.
- Shoe inserts: Medicated insoles can be used as one of the most useful options supporting your heels during plantar fasciitis. You can easily insert them within your shoes especially when you ‘re intending to cover long distances by walking. You can even stand for long hours with these specialised inserts.
- Athletic tapes: In most cases, athletes having plantar fasciitis use these tapes for supporting their heel and ankle. These tapes are really very much comfortable and thus they can be easily adjusted as per requirement and comfort level.
High-impact activities should be always avoided rather you should take enough rest for inviting a faster healing process. Heel cups or night splints can also be used for supporting the heels. In fact, these accessories will make you feel a lower pain and will help a lot in healing up the condition. If you suffer with plantar fasciitis you can also opt for a perfect walking cast. If you are overweight then you should try reducing your weight for reducing the level of discomfort.